Photographing my travels

Monday, July 07, 2014

Australia, Townsville rest of the week

The next day was my birthday which I had forgotten in the excitement of the previous day.  We all went for Sunday brunch to continue the wedding feast.  Lisa and family kindly presented me with some lovely flowers.  In the afternoon, Anna treated me to a kayak trip down the Ross River with Ady and Jose.  I was too scared about getting my camera wet so no images of that.

On Monday we went off to Magnetic Island for the day, together with the bride, groom, bridesmaids and groomsmen and women.  We left the wedding party to do their own thing but met up with them at coffee and lunch and back on the ferry.

The Cairns birdwing is a regular visitor in Jose and Ady's garden.  These are a couple of about 20 cocoons.   Unfortunately, I didn't manage to snap the adult.



Ady and Anna paddling


I don't know who the woman is but I am glad she entered into my image.  I had to smooth out the beach in front.

Alma Bay
Stone curlew

Around the corner from Alma Bay where the rock wallabies hang out




Reflections of the yachts at the harbour where we waited for the ferry
Pierre

Reflections in a car

Anna and the sunset
A walk on the Strand with Ady and Blue and her friend Mary with Boss.  They meet up with lots of friends for a chat

Friends who have the same shoes

In the afternoon we paid a visit to Crystal Creek and bathed at the Paradise Water hole

Anna getting in

Joined by a turtle
Another walk with Mary and Boss on Wednesday.  This time at an earlier time on the outstanding new development of Jezzine Barracks.  A lot of money and thought went into this and it is truly a crowning glory.   It is still unfinished and I look forward to coming back for more photos.

A view from the barracks

Just to show I was there

I missed the best shot with the shadows, this will have to do

This sculpture signifies the 3 ships of Captain Cook and the Aborginal boat.

The boardwalk

Aborigines fishing

Ravens

Both Boss and Blue have the foam from the lids of the coffee at Juliette's coffee shop

Classic Blue pose

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home