Photographing my travels

Monday, April 07, 2014

Myanmar - the RPS Travel Group trip 14th - 28th February Part VII

Four of our group, Andrew, Elizabeth, Judith and Gordon, left early to travel to the beach for an extension of their holiday.  I wandered over to Bogyoke Aung San market (Scott market) and to the streets behind.  Came back to the hotel for a rest then out again for a late lunch/early dinner at a Shan noodle restaurant, as recommended by Chris.  Another early start for the trip back to UK with a short stop at Doha.





This is taken from the bridge from the main market to the streets behind.  The bridge I walked back on later that evening can be seen in the distance


Son happened to pop out as I was composing the shot.


Looking back to the first bridge I walked on in the morning

My only image of Sula Pagoda which is a convenient direction point in Yangon.

That's all folks.  Only a selection of the many images I took.  Next trip is nearer to home - Bristol for the RPS Visual Art Spring Weekend at beginning of April.

The following photos were ones taken of me by Andrew - just to show that I was there!


At U Bein's Bridge near Mandalay

On the Kalaw trek in the cabbage field

On the river trip from Mandalay to Bagan


Viewing Old Bagan in our horse drawn taxi



At the riverfront in Bagan, waiting for the sunse
My cat fix for a month or so.  At the Burmese Heritage Centre

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home