Photographing my travels

Monday, July 07, 2014

Rod Steward Concert

Apologies for lateness of posts.  I am currently travelling in the Western Isles and fast speeds have not arrived everywhere here.  I will upload some photos but if banding appears I will wait until I reach Glasgow.

Rod Stewart arrived in Taunton on 18th June 2014 for concert at Somerset Cricket Ground.  I am fortunate that I was able to view the concert from the owner's lounge at the flats which overlook the ground.  My friend Amanda came down on a visit which was well timed.  She then gave me a lift back to London the next day, in order, for me to catch a flight to Australia.  This was a secret trip I was making for my nephew's wedding on 21st June.  Only guests, who needed to know, knew this was not just an engagement party.  The wedding was due in February, next year.  More on that in the next post, back to the concert.

A couple of images from Mount Somerset Hotel where Amanda was staying

Before the concert

Concert goers arriving


Pipe band from Bristol


Not the greatest of warm up acts

The start of the show

Check out all the changes of costumes



Another viewer from the owner's lounge

The ballard section


A great night was had by all.  In aid of St Margaret's Hospice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home