Photographing my travels

Tuesday, March 07, 2023

Paris with photographers

 I am back from a fabulous photography trip with a great group of friends.  I took the ferry and then a three buses to Glasgow Airport - just a pound booking fee.  The flight was more expensive.  Carol flew from Guernsey for a pound.  The Alan, Mark and Sam took Eurostar.  Carol met me at the airport and we made our way to Loft Design a flat about 15mins walk from Gard de Nord.  I booked it on Booking.com and it is an exceptional flat in a great location.  Very lucky to have found it.  We dumped our luggage and strolled around until the others arrived.  Being photographers, we spent half an hour photographing a window which had been graffitied - lots of fun even if I don't use the images again, I enjoyed taking them.

Once the others arrived we walked towards the Seine, dinner then bed after a long day.  

I took a lot of images with pigeons in them


Skaters at the Louvre



Musicians on the embankment

The next day we took the metro to La Defense, a lovely place for photographers to spend their time.  Then a metro to the Eiffel Tower and a wander.  We found a cafe in a museum park - Cafe Jaques which had a fabulous hot chocolate.  Then metro to Republique and a wander along the canal before dinner and bed.  Another long day.

I waited a long time for this image.  The guy had been smoking on the step above and kindly walked down near the birds so I could get the pic.

View to the Arc de Triumph 

Taking a large poster down from one of the buildings



Carol and Mark




Carol

A view of the tower

A large bench


A different view of the tower


More pigeons 

and gulls

The four


A clumsy pigeon trying to eat the berries

Skateboarders

A sculpture on a wall which I blended and inverted

The canal near the flat

A wander to the Seine again on Tuesday and around Paris St Germain taking lots of images.

Had to take a dragon

Mark, Sam and Carol

St Eustace

Some installations for Louis Viutton

Seine looking towards Louvre

On the left bank


Blue railings

Several windows



Boating in Luxembourg gardens

Parakeets in Paris

Down to the embankment

Some icm images


One wheel

Two wheels

On our last day we went to Montmartre and I peeled off early to make my way back to the airport.  I stayed the night at Premier Inn in Glasgow before taken 3 buses back to the ferry.  Unfortunately, I woke up with sore throat and a cough, probably caught on the flight out to Paris.  Luckily it hadn't ruined the trip.

Icm of a beautiful poster on a wall.  Created by artist Palomarodriguez
you can find it on her linktr.ee/palomarodriguez site

Mark, Alan and Sam

That's all.  Next trip in two weeks to Orkney.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home