Photographing my travels

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Return from Australia 2022

 I have been back 4 weeks and discovered I had more Australian photos on the camera.  Ady treated the family to a brunch on the last Saturday before I went to stay with Anna, Leon and Theo.




An eel spotted by Theo





What are you looking at

I stayed the night at the Holiday Inn Express at Glasgow airport on the way home.  I had an afternoon flight so spent the morning walking in the nature reserve right by the airport.

Tortieshell butterfly

Easyjet coming in to land

On the Sunday of my return, Ady's friend Su came for a few days.  It was very enjoyable showing her some of the island and she promised to come for longer.  




Sheilibost 

Mergansers

Beautiful wildflowers at the new path at the Iolaire memorial

Su at the butt of Lewis

On Bosta beach


The iron age fort at Bosta

Curlews

We are lucky to have a good arts centre in Stornoway - An Lanntair.  I signed up for a dance workshop by Slanjayvahdanza and watched the show the next day.  What an emotional experience.  I was given permission to take some photos but tried not to do too much as otherwise I would have missed the fantastic dancing.

A demonstration at the workshop




The show


















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home