Photographing my travels

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

RPS weekend to Paris

My first weekend away with RPS Visual and Travel group was a great success.  Met new people, learnt lots and came away with hundreds of images.  I have tried to be selective, but in the end, this is my blog diary so there may be more than there should be!

We set out from St Pancras and arrived in North East Paris staying between Porte de Pantin and Hoche Metro stations.  The first day was a half day sightseeing trip around Paris.  A few of us elected to stay in the centre of Paris to stretch our legs.  After a quick lunch in a cafe in Champs Elysee about 9 of us walked towards Louvre taking photos before returning to our hotel.

Roger taking pic of Eiffel Tower

Louis Vuitton window

Handy steam coming up from the street

Macarroons

Still on the Champs Elysee

This was taken after he dropped the pose.  I think he was a sort of bouncer for the store


Taken in the Tuilleries

Tourists in the Tuilleries

View from my bedroom on to rooftops over the road
On Saturday the group split between a boat trip on the Seine or a walk along Promenade Plantee.  This walk is similar to the Hi line in New York.  A good opportunity to take images at roof top level.  After the walk I went with one of the group to view the exhibition by Sebastion Salgardo.  We had to queue for about an hour but it was worth it.  Afterwards I walked towards the Pompidou Center then on to Chartier to meet Roger, Patrick and Marie-Jo for dinner.  I queued again at Chartier but it was going to be too long to wait so we decided to have dinner elsewhere.

You access this excellent walk near to Bastille metro stop

Views from the Promenade





Gard de Lyon

Taking some arty shots!



Stopped for coffee before completing the walk.  Luckily I didn't have to sit on this chair

One of Paris's oldest building - 1508 in Marais

Fountains by Hotel du Ville

At the Pomidou Center



Sunday deserves a post to itself as I went to three different locations and took loads of images.  More later.

1 Comments:

  • These are terrific photos of Paris! I haven't begun to process mine yet, but when I do, I hope they'll be as interesting as yours.

    Mary Jo

    By Anonymous Mary Jo, at 10:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home