Photographing my travels

Thursday, October 17, 2013

RPS Paris weekend - Part II

The group split again, one to Giverny and one to La Defense, which is where I chose.

There were three parts to Sunday - modern - old - night.  My favourite day so far.  First of all, off to La Defense.  There are no skyscrapers in Paris, they are on the boundary.

The Grande Arch

runner on steps

View of Arc de Triomph

Window reflections from Grand Arch

Entrance to a parking area with mirrors

Much fun was had by all

Some of my favourite images of the day




It is concave but sometimes looks the opposite

Zed
Off to Pere Lachaise in the afternoon






You thought cemeterys were quiet?


The Eiffel Tower was there by I did not have a tripod with me so a bad composite will have to do!

Jim Morrison


Wir vermissen Dich



Hoche station on way to dinner and the Louvre

View of Seine

Louvre

On Monday, a few of us decided to stay local.  I wasn't expecting to take many photos but we found Parc du Villette and got carried away again.


After the Tai Chi with fans was Tai Chi with swords but I was crying out for a coffee!




After coffee we walked through the flats trying to get back to the Parc but had to walk around it by the road.

Just to show I was there

Passing a construction site

Lots of images flashed on this sign but I liked the ants
An easy journey back to London and then on to home.  Back to London the next day to see Memory Palace at the V & A and "Only in England" photo exhibition at Science Museum.  Off to USA this Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home